Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sport of Gateball

Have you heard of "gateball" sport?

In Singapore, it used to be a famous game for the local older chinese but lately, we begin to see an interest built among the older segment of Malay community. There are plans to increase the number of gateball courts in Tampines area, and to held more competitions to attract more people to join this game. It is an interesting game that requires good teamwork and strategy thinking!

Last weekend, when I had shopping & lunch with my hubby near Beach Road (or Golden Mile Complex), I passed by a wide field area where this game were played by a group of old folks (chinese & malay). It happened to be a tournament named as "Denise Phua Lay Peng Cup Gateball Invitation Tournament". The game is very slow but it was the first time I saw such game in Singapore.....



Out of curiousity, I took a picture of it, so that, I can share the photo with all my friends who are reading my blog heee ... :D

No comments: